Saturday 14 January 2012

Rhossili Beach


One of the absolute best things about Swansea is the beach. I cycle along the coast to campus every single day and I still never get tired of it. On sunny days, nothing beats going to the beach and taking a walk. Nothing :)


When summer comes, there will be multiple beach barbecues to look forward to, but as it's still winter, my friend and I just went for a hike at one of my favourite beaches along the Gower Peninsula - Rhossili. The tidal range here is incredible, and the beach stretches on for miles. Today was even a little sunny (!!) so it was extra fantastic - we saw wild horses, sheep (of course), and a seal (well, it was a seal carcass, but it was still evidence of seals being not far away. So I will include it in my wildlife count for the day. You have to take what you can get here, I think). Afterwards, as with all good walks, we stopped for tea.

Anyway, I mostly just wanted to share the photos of the day - it was so pleasant and sunny, I just had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment