Saturday 3 August 2013

New Look / MIA

For the last year or so I've tried to figure out exactly what I want to get out of this blog...I still have no idea if it's worth doing, but I'm still enjoying it (on those rare occasions that I actually post something), so I'll keep at it. But I felt it needed a change - hence the change in title and overall appearance.

Tilfeldigheten is a Norwegian word meaning randomness, which I think, a) is a great word, and b) better sums up this blog than the previous title. Since I still can't decide exactly what direction to take this, 'randomness' seems appropriate! Also, I'm learning Norwegian, and this is one way I can use it :)

My family is Norwegian, and I visited Norway for the first time in May and fell in love with the whole country! I'm determined to go back as soon as possible, and when I do I want to be able to communicate in Norwegian (even though everyone I met spoke better English than I did).

And just a quick update on my MIA status, which will hopefully change soon - I'm in the last month of writing my thesis. This craziness is almost over, and I can't wait!! So the MIA status is partly because I'm busy, and also partly because I've not really done much worth writing about for the last couple of months (unless you want to read about me staring at my computer screen trying to figure out the physical reasons why two datasets are statistically different from each other). I am very ready to move on!

I've got some good recipes / baking posts coming up though (because while there's not always time to write them up, there is always time to procrastinate with baking). I've just made a sourdough starter, so we'll see where that goes, and I've got amazing recipes for cinnamon rolls and foccaccia!

In the meantime, here's a photo from the aforementioned trip to Norway (at a bakery. Obviously.).

No comments:

Post a Comment