Saturday 16 January 2016

Happy New Year!


Last year ended well and this year started well - in Canada! My boyfriend came with me for the first time to meet my family and see my home, and it was wonderful! We had just enough snow to do a bunch of winter activities - cross country skiing, snow fights, skating, tobogganing, snow angels...and fat tire biking!!! That was a new one for me, and it was awesome - partly because we went biking in the Rocky Mountains... The trip as a whole was fairly wonderful, it was so nice being home with the family, and it was just a really pleasant and relaxing trip. 


I'm looking forward to 2016. I wouldn't say 2015 was particularly bad, but it certainly wasn't the best year I've ever had, and 2016 is guaranteed to include some interesting adventures. For one thing, my current work contract expires at the end of June, so I'll for sure be starting something new - whether here in the UK or somewhere else, I have no idea, but new starts are always exciting/terrifying, so I'm looking forward to that! For another, I've given myself a general life direction this year, which is a good feeling. I struggled a lot with feeling motivated and satisfied in 2015, but I've recently realised that not only do I need to start moving in a different direction, I also need to stop worrying so much about feeling motivated and start being more disciplined. I don't like the idea of New Year's Resolutions (I inevitably fail around January 5), but I've decided to make a conscientious effort to become more disciplined in 2016. So far it's going fairly well, and I'm hoping that it gets easier as the year goes on!

So here's to 2016 and new adventures!






No comments:

Post a Comment