Saturday 8 October 2011

10k!

This morning I ran 10k for the first time ever!!!! No stopping, and I managed to keep up with my normal time/km, which is amazing! My friend Sue came along, and I think if she hadn't been there I would have stopped after 7 - I felt like death. But running with someone is so much better than running with music because the conversations can distract you from how much further you have to go and how much you want to stop. She's never run 10k either, so we were both on a bit of a high afterwards :)

The Cardiff half marathon is next Sunday. ONE WEEK! I'm so glad today's run went well, because I think I should definitely be able to do 10 - 12k no problem next week, and then walk/run the rest so that I can finish in a reasonable amount of time.

I got my race pack the other day - I'm number 8031, and they make space for emergency contact information on the back of your number. Ominous. They also provide you with information in case something happens and you can't finish - it all sounds rather horrible, and this is just one of the many moments where I think it would all be easier if we had wands so we could just shoot up red sparks if we're in distress. Alas, I am but a Muggle.

Anyway, I got excited about the distance this morning - I'm going to hurt a bit tomorrow, I can tell already. I'm going to have to remember to stretch many many times today, but right now I just can't believe I actually did it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment