Friday 23 September 2011

Mmmm...

Fall is my favourite of all the seasons - I mean, spring is excellent, of course, with all the new flowers and the warmer weather, but fall is my absolute favourite. The weather outside gets crisper and everything inside gets warmer. I can't think of fall without thinking of pumpkins, cinnamon and nutmeg, Thanksgiving, baking and orange and brown. All of my favourite things :)

I have friends coming over tonight to watch The Great British Bake Off (so so excellent - who doesn't love a good natured baking competition?) and I was so excited to make fall foods - irish soda bread, butternut squash and ginger soup with rocket salad and some Saskatoon Berry wine for dinner and then lemon poppyseed cake for dessert. I don't even know if it will be good, but it smells like fall in my kitchen for the first time this year, and I love it :)



4 comments:

  1. First of all, congrats on your fabulous blog Ingrid! I will admit that I stalk it regularly and laugh each time. :) It also makes me realize how much I love and miss you! Thanks for posting your humorous nuggets that make it seem like we aren't so far away from each other!

    Love always,
    The Phantom of the Opera

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not realize how prevalent the Phantom of the Opera was in my life until right now, when I realized that this comment could have been left by any one of 5 people. For someone whose life very minimally mirrors Glee, I sing Phantom showtunes with a surprising number of people...

    But thank you for reading! And I'm glad it makes you laugh - that is always good to hear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?! and here I though I was the only Phantom in your life...how sad. I guess I will have to add I am also the girl with whom you made a book on tape. There can't be more than one of those...can there?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I thought it was you but I didn't want to assume. No, I do not have a flourishing underground career in audiobook narration, despite our awesomeness. So you're the only one :)

    ReplyDelete