Friday 9 September 2011

Success!

I went running again this morning - so far this week I've somehow managed to stick to my activity plan...very satisfying. Anyway!! This morning I went running with a friend and was able to do the full 5k without stopping once, and we were talking the whole time! I've always wondered how on earth people have the breath to talk and run at the same time, but today I was one of those people. On top of that, our time wasn't horrible, and we weren't going any slower than I normally do, which means I could definitely speed up when I'm on my own and not die, which has been my feeling before now.

How great!

Another 5k on Sunday, and then it's up to 7k next week.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Good for you for getting out running. It's pretty hard to start that's for sure but I found for myself once you start it's nice to be able to get out and breathe the fresh clean air. I really enjoy your blog, I just found it in a random email that was sent to my yahoo account but now I have it in my favourites so I will be sure to check back. Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Ingrid!! You are such an inspiration-- for real :)

    When is the 7K?? Have you done it yet? I can't wait to hear of your sure success :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Ingrid!
    I so did not take to running as you have. I'll stick to swimming - next year I am going to do lots of open water swimming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!!

    Angie - I wish I could swim like you :) If I could, I probably wouldn't be running!

    ReplyDelete